Thursday 24 April 2014

Two owls



   I have quite a collection of dies, so I thought I would try creating a card that used only dies, omitting any stamping or decoupage. Also my daughter has a friend who is crazy about owls.
   I began by cutting  brown and grey core'dinations card stock and cream card so that they were the correct sizes to mat and layer. I then used a Spellbinders oval die to cut two ovals in the brown core'dinations cardstock. Positioning this over the grey core'dinations card stock I lined up a smaller die from the same set to cut ovals in the grey core'dinations cardstock. I wrapped cream ribbon round the brown cardstock and then matted and layered all three pieces of card. I added a bow to the ribbon strip.
   From dark brown mirri card I cut out two owls using dies from Tattered Lace. I attached these to the card with gel glue to give a little bit of dimension. The ivy was cut from various shades of green mirri card using a Marianne Craftables die and positioned around the ovals. Finally I used Tattered Lace dies to cut out the sentiment from cream core'dinations cardstock.

   I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
   Allsorts - birds and feathers
   Crafty Calendar - things with wings
   A Little Bit Crafty - the birds and the bees
   Crafting From The Heart - anything goes
   Party Time Tuesday - anything goes
   Through The Purple Haze - creativity strikes
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card......and owls are loved eh...

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, great die cuts.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. I love the owls. Thanks for joining in our "Things With Wings" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Birds & Feathers' challenge and hope to see you again when the new challenge starts saturday x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, What a great idea just to use dies x
    Thank you for joining in our challenge TTPH Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these little owls they are so intricate! Thanks for joining us at crafting from the Heart - Sonia W DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for playing along with us at ALBC this month & very good luck. Be sure to visit us tomorrow for the winner & top selection and back on Thursday for the start of our brand new challenge for May. Take care love Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for joining us at crafty calendar - our new challenge starts this Saturday! Hope to see you back - Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete