Friday 1 May 2015

Mum's flowers


   We have another challenge starting at Creative Corner today, the theme being 'just for mum'.
   I used the Bugaboo digi 'Mom flower trio' to create my card. Below is my coloured version of the digi:

   As soon as I saw the image I wanted to try to create a bordered shape using it. Forming this border was the most tricky part of making the card.
   I repeated the digi three times across the bottom and top of a piece of white square card. I then selected half of the digi (leaving off the words) and repeated that part four times down the two sides of the card. Selecting one of the flowers I increased the size and placed it in the centre of the bordered square that I had formed.
   I coloured all the images using Promarkers and then matted and layered the design onto orange mirri card and white card. I then added a spotted orange bow to the central image.

   I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
   ABC - I is for inspire us
   Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes
   QKR Stampede - Mother's day cards
   Addicted To Stamps - flowers
   Addicted to Stamps and More - make your mark
   Pile It On - same pattern different ways
   Pattie's Creations Design - use a flower/flower image
   Ike's World - no patterned paper
   The Pink Elephant - anything goes
   Simon Says Stamp Monday - anything goes

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of your digi Mary. Great Card for our new challenge.
    Hugs
    Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love that you made a border out of the image! Great thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card today Marty, great imagination with the floral border.

    Hope you have a good holiday weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that happy flower and the borders~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, perfect for Mothers Day. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute Mary! Love the bow embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your pretty Mother's Day card - thanks for sharing your lovely project at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous image and a I love the design to. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever - I wouldn't have thought of doing that with the image :-) Lovely card. Thank you for coming over to join us at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-D

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my....your field of flowers has planted a smile allll over my face! Such fun! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card love your design.Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card, makes me smile!
    Thanks for playing in our "Flower Image" Challenge #110!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute little cheery flower! Thankyou for entering the challenge this month, at Patties Creations - Vic, Dt x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute card! Love how you used those images! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful bright card! Thank you for playing along with us at IWC x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! A lot of work, but SO worth it! BEAUTIFUL card! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede Challenge "Mother's Day"!

    Brenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!
    Thanks for joining us last week at PIO! Hope you join us again soon!
    Have a GREAT day!!
    (sorry if this is a double post!!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. HOw cute!
    Thanks for playing along this month at Pattie’s Creations!
    ♥ Samantha
    Pattie’s Creations DT Member
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you repeated this flower image. Clever! Thanks for joining our Mother's Day challenge this week at QKR Stampede. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Mother's Day card. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for our Mother's Day Challenge. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card make me happy! Thank you for joining the ATSC. Hugs DT-Rita

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is perfect for our current challenge “DIGITAL OR STAMPED FLOWER IMAGE” at Pattie’s Creations. What a cute image too! Thanks for joining us!
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥
    Artist
    at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete